"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Week 4, Day 1

W: 188 (-3 lbs)

Workout: 1 hour Tae Bo

Food: fresh/raw fruits and veggies

Your not seeing things.. I lost 3 lbs overnight. Yesterdays food was fresh fruit/raw veggies and a protein shake for 3 meals and dinner was shrimp with whole wheat pasta and fresh tomatoes, squash and onions. I drank tons of water... and hot tea at the bar last night. I'm repeating the food today. Lets see if I can pull another 3 lbs! LOL I doubt it...

Last night was fun. My girlfriends canceled on me at the last minute... sick kids... so I called my Mom who, in turn, called her boyfriend, my grandmother and my aunt. Good grief. It turned into a family outing. Of course, I was the only one that got up and sang karaoke... but my mom did get up and dance with me, which was fun!! Since having my girls I have gotten used to taking the backseat when around my mom.... so it was nice to have a little one-on-one time again. Even though she and her boyfriend kicked my butt at darts... three times!

The weather is crazy around here. Last night it was a blowing snow storm. Today is nothing but blue skies and sunshine. *sigh* If it will warm up a little I'm letting the girls out to get some of this pent up energy out!!

7 comments:

Jade said...

Way to go!! Nutrition is 85% of weight loss, and you are now seeing the results of very healthy and clean eating. Congratulations!

Ripx180 said...

3 pounds in one day!!!! I wish... Sounds like a nice outing with your mother, I like family time.

I had to laugh and no I am not a wacko but my wife refers to her breasts as "The Girls"... We have two boys ;) so naturally I thought you meant you were going sun bathing or something LOL... Had me thinking you where.... ahhh never mind. Anyway cracked me up after i realized you were most likely talking about your children. I guess I better let "The boys" out to let off some steam, weather is getting good here too. Ok I officially crack myself up...

have a great day.

Carlos said...

kickass loss... so what song did you sing?

Hotch Potchery said...

You are stronger than I...when I go to a bar, I have NEVER had tea...I indulge in adult beverages.

Maybe that is why I don't lose 3 lbs in a day!

lisah said...

Great job!!!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Awesome results! Focusing on your eating seems to be working very well for you. Keep making healthy choices!
Path to Health

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Oh, and we are having wacky weather here in the Rockies, too. Snow every weekend for the past few weeks. We may get 2 feet through Saturday morning. And it's thundering out. Weird.
Path to Health