"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Friday, April 3, 2009

Week 2 Day 2

W: 192.5 (-0.5 lb)

Workout: P90X Legs

Food: Keep journaling

So, I am finally seeing a minus sign by my weight. It feels good to have control over my eating again. I am journaling everything I eat... and I'm telling you, if you don't do this now, you should start. I started by just writing down the food. I'm too lazy to figure out calories. LOL But it helped me see what exactly was being stuffed in my mouth all day. Then I looked at the list and realized I could fine tune it a little and have a perfect day. I took a little out here, added a little bit there and vuala... I've had two perfect days with my calories somewhere in my 1300-1700 calorie range and the perfect mix of protein, carbs and veg/fruit. Today will no doubt be another great day!

I went out last night with my friend. We did our usual karaoke night at the bar. It was fun. There is another singing competition going on. I competed two weeks ago and qualified to be in the finals in June.(Let me just say that I only drink water at the bar and it terrifies me to sing now) My friend is trying to qualify too. Anyway, we were playing pool with a couple of the locals. While I was standing there a couple of great songs came on and I started to move a little bit. I remembered seeing the add for Hip Hop Abs and wondered if that really worked. Let me tell you... the six minutes that I moved and grooved to the music I crunched my stomach in (trying not to make it obvious, which probably made me stand out even more) and this morning I am seriously feeling my abs. Anybody try the Hip Hop Abs?? Let me know what its like!

I'm thankful its Friday.. I'm ready for a weekend with the family.

Every time I give service without counting the hours I give or looking for any reward, I am filled with freedom, friendship, joy, and abstinent recovery.

4 comments:

Ripx180 said...

Hey Tigerlilly,

My friend and I are doing the Lean rotation too of P90x. We just got done with the classic. At this point my number one goal is loosing weight so I thought lean was the way to go.

You must be pretty gutsy to be able to get up there and sing on water alone ;), it would take some serious liquid courage to get me up there lol. However you must be a good singer if your in the finals. American Idols next for you???;)

If you haven't gotten on the beachbody forums (http://forums.teambeachbody.com/eve) you should go check it out. There are tons of people on there that use all their products. People have gotten some seriously good results with the Turbo Jam. I am sure it would be fun and a nice way to switch things up.

Anyway have a great weekend and thanks for the comment on my blog

Anonymous said...

Hey sis! I'm so happy you had a great time - I was with you in spirit! I saw an infomercial about Hip Hop Abs - it sure looks fun! TurboJam is good too, Chalene has you do that same crunching motion ...

Hope you have an awesome weekend!

Tammy said...

I knew you'd turn things around.

You sound so much better. Glad to read you're feeling better and more in control of things.

Keep doing what you're doing!

Maggie said...

Congrats on the turn around.

It's great that you were able to see from your list, what needed fine tuning. I recall doing this as well. I was bad too, about putting in the calories. I really needed more to see what I was eating, then how much.

I have never done the hip hop thang. Sounds like fun though.

Congrats again! Keep up the good work. :)