"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Friday, April 10, 2009

(Insert Title Here)

Yesterday I spent the day waiting for the phone company guy to show up. Hubby has decided that dial-up is for the birds and that it would be so much easier for him to use the computer if we had DSL. All I could do was jump up and down with excitement. So I called to set it up and they said they would be here between 11 and 1 pm.

At 5 pm I got a call. "We don't have a port open for you right now, so he will be out there sometime next week."

Now, I know that we live up in the boonies, but seriously... why cant we get good customer service? Just because I live hundreds of miles from the city, does not mean that I am some redneck, backwoods, one toothed woman that does not appreciate good customer service.

So, now I have to wait until next week 'sometime' to get high speed. BLEH!

In the weight loss front, I am feeling pain. My legs are cramping, or I should say the back of my legs are cramping. From my butt to my knee. I drank a ton of water yesterday, thinking I was dehydrated... but this morning my legs are still hurting. Any ideas?

In a turn of events... I am going to give my body a break from working out. I know that exercise is part of that perfect equation for losing weight... but I think I am addicted to one and not the other. The other being eating right. I need to make myself focus on my eating habits. So, for the next month I am going to take a break from working out and see if I can lose weight by just eating right.

(Bare in mind that I have two young children and am far from being a couch potato all day!)

I want to send a big hug to Michelle for our gifts.... a friendship like yours is priceless. Thank you!!

8 comments:

Maggie said...

Sorry you waited all day and won't be getting dsl until next week.:(

Are you taking in enough Potassium? Usually when the legs hurt, it could be lack of this. Eat some bananas.
Or you're building muscles and you're just a bit achy.

When I started losing weight, I didn't exercise. I walked but that was about it. I focused more on eating right and losing the majority of the weight, before I tackled exercising.

Find what works for you and you'll be good. :)

Anonymous said...

Hello TL :)

Yeah, Id have been p.o. at the customer service you got. The least they could have done is called you EARLY in the day so you wouldnt have had to wait around...geez.

Eating right is hard and not always fun...but I have found eating oatmeal(I eat apples and cinnamon, low sugar) is helping me tremendously. In just a short week, too! :)

God Bless you and yours!

Hotch Potchery said...

I have to do exercise and eating right together...the exercise makes me WANT to eat right so I don't feel horrible while working out. I hope it goes well for you.

Carlos said...

dude no dsl, that is wrong. what about a cable modem... sounds like you have a little house on the prairie vibe going down.

Tammy said...

No idea what the pain in your legs might be, but I'm glad to see you're listening to your body and taking a bit of a break!

Feel better soon. I'm outta here for a few days, so Happy Easter to you and yours.

Big hugs!

Jade said...

Hey girl :) My doc told me to take a coral calcium supplement when I started having leg cramps, and amazingly it helped!

Ripx180 said...

cool on getting high speed internet, its the best ;)

sorry to hear about your legs. Probably a by product of working out I would think.

Diet is probably 90% of the weight loss game so I bet you will do great loosing weight if you really get your diet dialed in.

Hanlie said...

That was our problem too! We moved and they didn't have ports available in our new area. We only have one infra-structure provider (monopoly) in our province and most of the country although there are of course many service providers. Initially they said 4-6 weeks, then I heard it would be the beginning of June and yesterday I was told maybe in July! So we decided to find out about broadband... and we got it within hours. We're getting a really strong signal! I'm telling you all this because I so understand your frustration! At least you still have dial-up until you get DSL - we had nothing and I thought I was going to lose my mind!