"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

P90X: Day 3

I am sore, and not just the 'ooh, that feels good' sore. I mean the 'OUCH' , every time I move, sore. Today's workout is shoulders and arms, which should even out the soreness by tomorrow. (just in time for a grueling Yoga session)

I usually weigh in on Wednesdays.. but since it will be right in the middle of my p90x week, and I will be retaining water like crazy, I decided to move my weigh in to Sunday mornings. That way I get a nice rest day in to drop water before I step on the scale.

I was looking at my goals and realized that I am not far off the plan. I was hoping to be 180 for my birthday, but landed on 188. My next goal is 170 by May 25th. That means I need to lose 4.5 lbs a week. A little much... but if I can hit 2-3 lbs a week I will at least be in the mid 170's!!

I need to keep focused on my food. I tend to focus more on my workouts and that can be disastrous for my food. If I can just keep up with the veggies, fruits and protein shakes, I should be ok.

5 comments:

Ripx180 said...

ahh yes the first week soreness on P90x is certainly a tuff one. Keep at it, as you know it gets better.

Jade said...

I am right with you in the OUCH department! Ooooohh ... everything aches lol I can't believe how tender my upper body is! And all because of a few push-ups and chin-ups lol

Keep up the great work sis! I'll be doing my workout LATE tonite, but it WILL get done!

Carlos said...

ouchie!

Claire said...

I haven't commented in awhile, but just wanted to let you know I check your blog everyday, and I am so encouraged by your progress. Keep it up, girl! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey doll :) I love the idea of moving weigh in day to Sundays, I never thought of it that way!