Sorry Carlos but Hubby will not part with his BBQ sauce recipe... but I will share my recipe for the best BBQ Beans ever!
BBQ Beans (warning: this is not a 'diet' recipe)
This is an easy one-pot meal to cook while camping. Preheat grill (or stove) to medium. combine all ingredients in a large pot; mix well. Simmer covered for several hours; stir often. Remove from heat when vegetables are soft.
Serves 8... more or less!
1 15oz can pork and beans
1 15oz can pink beans, rinsed and drained
1 15oz can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 lb bacon, cooked and chopped
2 cups smoked ham, chopped
1 large green pepper, chopped
1 large yellow onion, chopped
1 small green chili pepper, chopped
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
3 cloves garlic, chopped
Ok, so I had an awesome workout yesterday. One hour of Tae Bo that had me dripping sweat. I LOVED it. What is a little strange is that I am working out every other day... and my workouts are better! I sweat more, I feel more... all in all, they are 10x better workouts then when I was working out 5-6 times a week. Is that weird? Or is that why I am finally losing weight again?
I start P90X again on Sunday and I am a little afraid to workout 6 days a week again... but I will give it two weeks and see how I feel.
So one of my birthday presents from my mom this weekend is a day at the salon getting my hair done. I am going to change my hair color... maybe get some streaks and highlights in it? I'm super excited because I am usually stuck doing my own hair at home... this is a real treat!
Today is a rest day. I've already gone off my diet with pancakes for breakfast, so I need to be strict with what I eat the rest of the day!
4 comments:
Common you gotta share the BBQ sauce recipe ;). I love BBQ sauce.
When you get back on the X make sure you are eating enough. Under eating will make you seriously tired "bonk". Just eating fresh fruit and veggies is not enough for the X.
Have a great weekend and wonderful 31st!
YOu know how kids will put their hands over their ears and say "lalalaa I can not hear you" well, I'm kinda sorta doing that for your recipe lol
I can't wait to see your new 'do!! I know it'll be so pretty!! I'm happy you're gonna get spoiled rotten on your birthday!
How weird to read that comment from Ripx180 - I was just thinking to myself that my doctor's diet is soo not gonna get me through P90X, personal training AND tri training ... I'm gonna have to talk to to the doc ..
Anyway, go check your email - we need to plan our half-marathon! Yaay!
Looking forward to the new hair pics.
boo... sauce nazi! but i'll gladly take the beans recipe... thankee... so what color???
Post a Comment