"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Just when you start to feel good....

someone manages to shoot you back down.

I took the kids to the park yesterday. It was the first day that the winds weren't blowing 60 MPH and the temp was over 50*F. Anyway, we played and played. I was stupid enough to wear a black tank top with NO sunscreen. (I always start the summer with a terrible sun burn) After an hour the girls and I were sweaty so we thought it would be a great idea to stop at the grocery store for an ice cream treat. (no worries, I picked a no fat/soy ice cream sandwich) While we are standing in the isle trying to decide which yummy treat we wanted, a nice old lady came up and started talking to the girls. Just as she was walking away she asked Baby, my youngest, if she was going to have a baby sister or a baby brother. Baby looked at me with the same quizzical look I was giving the old lady....

The woman walked off, feeling good about her little conversation with the kids. While I stood there trying to catch my reflection in the freezer doors.

6 comments:

Ripx180 said...

Well that does suck... but seriously in your 186 pic on the side bar of your page you don't look prego at all. Use it as fuel to burn the weight loss fire.

Maggie said...

Well that sucks! You totally don't look pregnant.
Maybe she had her bifocals on and you know they see everything a lot bigger than they are. ;)

Jade said...

Awe sis, I'm sorry! Don't let this get to you - she totally didn't have a clue, and there's NO WAY you look pregnant to us!!!

xoxox

Carlos said...

old ladies suck! you should have threatened to break her hip. don't let it ruin what sounded like an awesome day!

Fatinah said...

Tigerlilly - you put that comment out of your head immediately - you are looking more than fine and not at all pregnant.....lady probably had cateracs or something!!

Tammy said...

My heart hurts for you! This pregnancy talk must be the theme of the week lately. GRRRRRRR some people are just so damn thoughtless!

This very thing happened to my 15 y.o. daughter this week. She was wearing a top that accentuated her stomach and a woman made a comment "oh look at your cute little belly". I just about died. The woman went on prattling about when she was pregenant and then I really got the gist of what she was talking about. I could have beat her with a stupid stick! This will be 'one of those memory moments' for my daughter! Double GRRRRRR