"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Day 10

You know its your fault that you are over weight when you purposefully eat things that you are allergic to. Even when you know the consequences are severe, you can't stop yourself. This was me yesterday. Like I have written on here several times before... I am lactose intolerant, and completely addicted to ice cream.

Yesterday I ate 2 cups of ice cream. Enjoyed every second of it. But 30 minutes later I was doubled over in pain. I was at the store and all I could do was concentrate on my breathing so I could just get out of there without too much attention. My abdomen was bloated and tight, there was a shooting pain on my side. Why do I do this to myself? Even as I was eating I was thinking (and hoping) about the pain that would soon follow. But the spoon kept on going. UGH!

Yesterday was a moment of weakness that I have definitely learned from. *(and was punished for) Today I feel fine and am going back to my fruit and veg diet. No carbs.Lots of juicing. At least for a week. My body needs the loving. I have 20 lbs to lose... its going to be done. No more stupidity!

Day 10 is going to rock!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sis!! I'm so sorry about the pain - it's so hard to resist something you love! Poor sis!

P.S. I have a new personal blog ... again LOL

P.P.S. I've taken a break from P90X - there's just too many things going on. I plan to restart in September after my challenge thing is done!

Hanlie said...

I've been there so often! I'm also lactose intolerant, gluten intolerant and allergic to certain preservatives. But that doesn't always stop me from indulging and then paying the price...

Good luck on the fruit and veggies! They will help you detox from the ice cream... and lose some weight!