"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Friday, June 19, 2009

T G I F

186.6

A small gain due to the Chinese food for dinner last night. I know, I know.. its a no no... but I thought I did pretty good for eating out. I ordered from the lunch menu (smaller portion), I only ate half of what was on my plate and nothing more. I think the gain is just water held over from all the sodium.

I have a sore throat today. Probably from the change in weather. Its getting cooler at night and pretty warm during the day.... and the rains are coming! Put me in the mix and you get a sore throat.

This weekend is Father's Day and we are going to take Hubby to his favorite restaurant.. Red Lobster. This may not seem like much to you, but the nearest restaurant to us is 2 hours away.. which means a day trip to that city! I'm excited because it also means a walk around a MALL! It has been a year...maybe more.. since I've walked a mall. One for the downfalls of living in the country! LOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon sis! And no worries about the small gain, it's definitely just water!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Yeah, the sodium in Chinese food always causes that bump in weight. Hope your throat feels better soon.

I dislike malls. I guess we lived overseas so much, that with that many choices, I just get overwhelmed. Malls ARE good for power-walking, though. :-)
Path to Health

Hanlie said...

Just wanted to let you know that I got my CD today! Thank you so much! I'll listen to it tomorrow and download the songs onto my MP3 player...