"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Thursday, June 18, 2009

The who, what, where, when and why's....

186.0

I am only 2 lbs away from my all time low... and 12 lbs away from my first goal weight!


Why am I suddenly doing so good? Well, mostly because I am scared to death to eat anything that might make me sick again. Cravings are strong... but then I remember how sick and scared I felt and I turn away from it. The thought that I might be hyperglycemic scares me.. because that means I am really close to becoming diabetic. If I can just stick to the food I've been eating all week, then I could turn it around and never be close again!


What am I eating? Eggs, veggies, tuna, chicken and fish. I was eating a lot of fruit, but that was because I was going through sugar withdrawals and needed a 'fix'. Fruit was the perfect answer, but now that I am feeling better I am backing off of it... fruit, after all, is still sugar!


Where am I headed? It would be silly of me to think that I can continue to lose a pound a day... at that rate I would hit my goal of 172 in two weeks. That would be AWESOME... but not practical. In all reality I really want to stay focused on me food. Losing the weight is just a bonus. The food I put in my mouth is more important then the number on the scale.


When do I expect to hit my goal? Eh, when it happens, it happens. Like I've always said, but am just now realizing... this is all about health and healthy living.


Who is with me?


..............................................................


In other news:


My Day 1 pic for the Missouri 60 challenge!

6 comments:

Hotch Potchery said...

You look great!!

Brightcetera said...

You can't go wrong eating the foods you've listed but I wouldn't eliminate fruits altogether. You need what they have to offer. Don't be scared of them even with your health concerns.
You look fantastic and how exciting that you're so close to your goals!
Keep up the great attitude!

Anonymous said...

SIS - you are such a HOTTIE! :) And I'm with you!! I had another gallbladder attack on Sunday and am so petrified of everything that goes into my mouth. I think fruit in moderation is ok - maybe 1 a day, but you know your body best so I say go with what works for you! :)

Mary :: A Merry Life said...

This was a great first post to come to on your blog. No I feel like I have the whole run down. You are doing such a good job! I hope you reach your first goal weight soon!

Hanlie said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! I agree that a healthy diet should include fruit, but you'll have to combine it correctly if you're sensitive, i.e. don't eat it with anything else.

You're doing great! I'll get my hubby to take my Missouri 60 picture on Sunday...

Cory said...

You are looking great!

Good job on the eating as well. All good choices!

Congrats on being so close to your goal.