"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Glamour Muscles....

This morning I realized that there is only one month to go before the 4th of July. Why is this a big deal for me? Because the 4th of July starts a month full of family events. Rodeos, BBQ's, Anniversary.... etc. Every year I try to look good for this month, and this year is no different. So, my number one priority is to get back on track with my workouts. I especially need to work my chest, back and shoulders... you know, the parts of the body that really show in a tank top!

The best workout for these muscles? Well, being a P90Xer I have to say there are two:

Chest and Back - consists mainly of push-ups and pull-ups
Shoulders and Arms - alternates between shoulders, biceps and triceps

I know that this is something I am constantly doing; picking an event or date that I want to look good for... and it really isn't a good thing because I should be sticking to a constant. At the same time I have to say that at least I am constantly wanting to look good!

So today I am going to take some 'Now' pictures and will post them tomorrow.... on July 3rd we will see what the 'Later' pics show.

UPDATE: Hubby came back from the Dr. with painkillers and an antibiotic. Doc thinks he has a bacterial infection behind the right ear (where there is an unexplained lump). Hubby goes back tomorrow for a follow up to see if the meds are working. Keep praying!

(Mom goes to WW tonight for her first weigh in... that will be revealed tomorrow too!)

6 comments:

Ripx180 said...

goal dates are a good thing to have. I like back and biceps too ;).

Claire said...

Good for you, Tigerlilly!

One question: I have neck and back issues, so every time I try to do arm work-outs, I end up with headaches from the irritation to my neck. Know of any GENTLE ways to tone my upper body?

Anonymous said...

Glamour muscles indeedy! I was so excited simply to see my collarbone - imagine Terminator arms! Woohoo!!

I will definitely keep hubby in my prayers!!

Carlos said...

best of luck on your goal and on your mom's first wi.

also hope your husbands meds take!

Will Phillips said...

I'm with Rip - setting hard concrete dates are a pretty helpful thing. I've got one going right now, and it's helping me stay focused really well.

Will
4xlt.WillPhillips.org

Hanlie said...

Oh, you can make a huge difference to those areas in a month... Good luck!