Winter is starting to creep up on us a little early here. I almost started a fire in the fireplace yesterday... a whole month earlier then last year! I have a love/hate relationship with winter. I love to wear sweaters. Something about surrounding myself in soft knits makes me feel cozy and happy all the time. On the other hand I HATE walking out of my shower and freezing my butt off. I HATE snow. I HATE being couped up in my house because its too cold to go anywhere or do anything.
I have to overcome the cold this year... especially training for a half marathon in January! Thankfully it's down in Phoenix where the coldest it gets is 65 in the winter! Up here we drop to freezing...
So, how do I keep up with my training in the winter? I realize it may be a little early to start worrying about it... but I need to be prepared. If its icy or snowy I cant drive anywhere... so the treadmill will have to do. If I can make it to the track then I need to load up on some warm running clothes. Any suggestions??
Today I got to sleep in. My scheduled day off! I didn't have a problem staying under the covers, of course, that's never been my problem! I need to stay on track with my food today... tomorrow morning I have to be up and out of the house at 4:30 a.m. to make the park trail with my friend Roni. We are starting our long run at 5!
Next weekend is my first ever planned running event. I skipped the 5K and went straight to a 10K. I'm excited to do it. I need to be prepared for it to be really cold... its early in the morning and its laps around a lake. Hopefully it will give me an idea of what I need to work on for the half!
Have a great weekend guys!
5 comments:
I can't wait to hear about your run!!
Whoa new layout! I'm going to need a huge dose of motivation for the training during the winter. I'm going to have to find a treadmill. I wish I had space in my home for one. (or the money!)
there is some really good light weight and yet very warm clothes these days such as polar-tec I think it is called. Perfect for workouts on cold days.
10K?!? You are such the warrior.
How exciting - your first 5K! You're like me - I went from 5K to half-marathon LOL
I totally hear you about the cold weather!!! This year, the novelty of "snow" has completely worn off for this island girl! I don't like it anymore!! LOL
I'm excited about your run. That's awesome.
I have a love/hate with winter too. I love being cold and being able to cozy up in a blanket, but I hate the bitter bite when you first walk outside and realize you should have worn more layers.
Post a Comment