"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

It's gonna be one of THOSE days....


This is what my month looks like. See all that writing in black? Those are workouts. Notice there isn't one day that doesn't have something on it. In actuality, there is one day a week that does not have me doing a workout.... but it is scheduled as a stretch day... so I will still be breaking a little bit of a sweat!
I am doing the Lean program for P90X. This has me doing a lot of core, cardio, yoga and kempo with weights only on shoulders, arms, back and legs. I like the schedule and think it will work well for getting me toned up for the half marathon. I will be switching up one thing though. Because I lost my cardio P90X DVD... (I'm sure its around here somewhere but gave up looking) I decided that I will do my own hour of cardio every week. For example today is cardio day and I will be doing one of my favorite Tae Bo workouts and then off to the gym tonight for my Stair Master challenge for OFB!!
I took down last months calender and realized that I didn't workout near as much as I had hoped to in the beginning... BUT, I did lose 7 lbs last month. Not bad! This month I have a goal of losing 10 lbs.
I am sore today. Like... yyyyyyy-OUCH!!! every time I move sore! My back, legs, butt... I stayed on the potty a little longer then usual this morning just because I feared the pain that was going to come from trying to stand up again. Gosh, I LOVE IT!!!
It makes me feel so alive!
I'm off to cardio~
(oh, and go to www.thewwchick.com for your own print out calender)

9 comments:

iampalegreen said...

LOVE it! You are going to be in tip-top shape for the marathon! I need to get on that too. Did you start training yet? Love the calendar, I think I'm going to have to do something like that as well. I have a day book that I write in workouts, but I like seeing the big picture.

Good luck, cardiogirl! :)

Carlos said...

ouchie! but way to go... maybe a system of pulleys and levers are needed in the toilet...

Ripx180 said...

Glad your getting back at the p90x. I too want to get back at it in about 30 days or so. I think I am going to do a p90x/Insanity hybrid (p90x on weight days and Insanity on cardio days). Cardio wise Insanity is insane. Keep pressing play and marking off those days.

Melissa Cunningham said...

i just had to LOL when i saw the pic of the calender-(reminded me of my contest prep schedule)........thats a sure fire way to know you are addicted to this healthy lifestyle now!!!!
proud of you!!!!!

Fran said...

Respect for you: 30 days of working out in a row!

NOTWBTRFLY said...

Had to LOL at your potty comment. So been there... in fact after a a morning ST session and running 2 miles after already being sore... I am willing to bet that will be me tomorrow. Great job planning your month out like that. I really need to do that!

Hanlie said...

I love that feeling too! Good luck with your goals and congrats on losing 7 pounds last month!

Unknown said...

WOW, look at your calendar! I couldn't even attempt to think about working out every day, lol!
I know you can do it, though! You are gonna be RIPPED at the end of the month!

Anonymous said...

Great job sis!!! I also have a large 11 x 17 calendar on my fridge that I've printed out with my P90X workouts, EA Active Challenge, and half-marathon training. It's kinda intimidating, but I'm excited to get each block crossed off in red!