"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Monday, September 21, 2009

It's Weigh In Day....

I LOST -3 lbs this week!!!



I was so excited to stand on the scale this morning and see 175.6! It was really a good feeling. This means I am only .6 lbs away from hitting my 50 lb loss!!

I had a great weekend. As you could tell, on Saturday I went for my long run with my friend Roni. We had made our goals at the beginning. She (the pro) wanted to run 6 miles... I wanted to get in 4 miles. So we walked the first mile together, just as a warm up, and then we separated and did our own pace.

The park trail we ran was full of hills... and no matter which way you went you hit a doozy of one. Every time we hit our starting point we would turn around and run it the other way. One lap around was 1.1 miles. This way you didn't get bored and feel like you were running in circles!
It was also nice because we got to see each other in passing every now and then and cheer each other on!

At the end Roni ran 6 miles and walked 2 for a total of 8 miles! I ran 4 miles and walked 2 for a total of 6 miles! It was a good morning!!

Sunday was a rest day for me.... thank goodness! My butt and hips were so sore. Those darn hills.

You would think that with all this running I would be sleeping like a baby. WRONG! Last night I was up at 2:30, 3:14, 4:10... and then finally the alarm went off at 4:30 and I got up and went running. I think I am actually worried about sleeping in and missing my run! Huh...

So I went to the track this morning and got my 'last chance workout' done before stepping on the scale! 2 miles and 5 runs up the bleachers. Oh yeah, if my butt wasn't sore yesterday, its gonna kill me today!!

T-minus 5 days to my first ever 10K run....

11 comments:

Cole Walter Mellon said...

What a fantastic weigh-in. Next week is the "Grant" for sure.

Carlos said...

kick ass loss and sounds like you got this 10K in the bag!

Katie J ♥ said...

WTG on the loss! You will hit that 50 mark for sure next week.

Great job on the run too. Inspiring stuff!

Roder said...

Wow - you are KILLING it!

Melissa Cunningham said...

AWESOME job! on the weight loss and the running!!!whoo-hoo!!!!
:)

NOTWBTRFLY said...

Great job on the run and your weigh-in. You look beautiful... happy and healthy! WTG girl~

Anonymous said...

Congrats sis!! You are so gonna rock your 10K!

Tammy said...

You sound amazing! Great WI!!!

Great job on the running too. Those early morning wake up calls are not easy or fun, but you're handling them like a trooper!

The Fat Girl said...

Yay! Balloons! Streamers! Confetti! Awesome job. I'm super proud. And kudos on the run. Everytime you mention your friend Roni, I think of Roni Noone from Roni's Weigh. :)

Hanlie said...

You're a rock star! Well done on the loss and on the running! You will do just fine in your 10K.

Fatinah said...

I just can't believe you're doing so well - it is so nice to see your hard work paying off!!