Yesterday afternoon ended up being a blur. Once the numbness went away, the pain was excruciating. I took one pain pill, knowing that if I took two I would fall asleep... and being the only one home with the kids I figured I better not! LOL
I laid in bed watching TV, trying to keep my mind off the pain. The kids behaved and actually kept me company being my little nurses. Hubby got home early and I immediately took another pain pill. At that point I passed out. I slept for 4 hours and when I woke up I was woozy. So I ate two pieces of bread, hoping to calm my tummy and laid back down. I managed to stay awake long enough to watch The Biggest Loser (I really dislike Jillian this season... hmmm, could it be because she sold us all out for a diet pill???)
At 4:45 this morning I was up and dressed and out the door for my run. I did another 13 min/mile and 2 runs up the bleachers. When I got home I collapsed. I felt like throwing up... I felt weak and sweaty. Why? Because the only thing I had managed to eat yesterday was the two pieces of bread at night and a banana for breakfast. DUH!!! I NEED TO EAT. So I grabbed a peach and slowly nibbled on it... then sipped on water. I fell back asleep with my girls and woke up at 7:30 feeling much better. I grabbed another peach and another glass of water just in case.
I hopped on the scale too... but I can't tell you what it said... it might jinx my Monday weigh in!! LOL
I'm taking it easy for the rest of the day. Making sure I get more food in my belly for my tomorrow morning run.
7 comments:
Oh my gosh that's totally happened to me before! Glad you made it home safe! You are gonna rock that half marathon!
I'm bad about trying to rush back to full steam after any kind of setback. Take the advice that I so often ignore: take your time and let your body recover.
Don't push yourself too hard sis! I hope you feel better soon!!
Look after yourself! Hope you feel stronger soon!
Man are you a warrior. Be careful pushing too hard as you recover.
I too learned the hard way about the need for fuel.
Ugh, so sorry about your pain. Hope you feel better soon and yes, do eat if you are going to do a workout! :-)
Path to Health
That's one thing it took me a while to learn... needing to eat to have energy. Amazing concept, huh? I mean, that's only why we're supposed to eat in the first place. I'm glad you're feeling better!
Post a Comment