"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Its time to kick it into gear...

Alright folks, it is the 1st of September. I have a little over 4 months before my half marathon in January... and I still need to drop 14 lbs to get my celebration tattoo afterwards. So, its time to kick this into high gear.

Starting today my schedule will include a 7 A.M. workout with Tony Horton. P90X here I come, again. I need to build up my stamina and my muscles! I have lost 20 lbs since the last time I did this and am excited to see what the difference will be. I'm hoping it will make it easier, but know better! LOL

I am determined to make the entire 90 days this time. I think the previous two times I did P90X I only made it 40 before getting discouraged... or just lazy. This time I don't have the time to get lazy or discouraged. I'm not sure how I'm going to keep this motivation that I feel this morning going...... I guess that's what you guys are for.*wink,wink*

Thanks to everyone who voted for me on the Strong Mom Award. I came in second place, but with 84 votes!! I am blessed to have so many people supporting me. It reminds me that I do have a lot of people behind me, ready to lift me up when I need it .... and I would hate to let them all down.


My P90X 'before' pic..... cant wait to see the change in 90 days!!

6 comments:

Stacie said...

you are doing fantabulous. keep up the good work. i will be back often to see your progress. good luck.

NOTWBTRFLY said...

I voted for you chica! And you look really great, so can't wait to see how awesome you look (and feel) in another 90 days! Best of luck!

Tammy said...

You're doing an awesome job!

That you're even attempting a half marathon is impressive in my books. I'll be here rootin' you on!

The Fat Girl said...

God bless you and your running the half marathon. It's one of my eventual goals, but after my walk yesterday, 3 miles through backroads of East TN and half of it uphill, I realized that I have a long but pleasant journey ahead of me. I'm excited that you're doing that. You're one of my heroines.

Second place on the site, but first place in our hearts. Second place is still awesome! Congrats!

Fatinah said...

here's to the next 90 days!!

I meant to tell you, I took your picture into the tattoo artist to get some stuff added to the tattoo on my back. I have an appt on Oct 2!! Thanks again for e-mailing it to me!

Tiffany said...

Looking forward to following your progress over the next 90 days. That 14lbs is gonna melt in no time.