Meet Stormy.. our new addition to the family! She is a 9 week old Miniature Australian Shepherd. A complete love. As you can see she is great with the kids! They run all over the house together and the first couple of night the kids slept on the floor with her just so she didn't get lonely. She is a welcome change in our day to day life.
However, I have never house broken a puppy before and am getting a little overwhelmed. I know she will have accidents... and I have all the cleaning supplies in a basket on the counter for any uh-ohs... but how/when/where do you start? How long does it take? Any pointers?
As for motivations... I drew a blank this morning. I don't know if I am putting a little too much thought into this whole thing and that is why I am at a stand still again... or if I just need to sit back and regroup. I think its a little of both.
I am looking forward to the weekend. Saturday morning I have a 5:30 AM run with my friend that is doing the PF Chang half marathon with me. She is running like crazy and wants me to join her on her Saturday runs. I couldn't say no. I think it will do me good to get in a good workout once a week! LOL
I found an awesome food tracker thanks to *Dee*. Its called Nutrimirror.. and I love it. Ok, so today is my first day using it... but I am already goo-goo over the charts, tracking and just all around look of it. Yes, even small things like that keep me motivated!
I am going to say goodbye for now and take a long weekend to free myself from blogging and try to focus on a little more life and a little less food. See ya'll on Monday.
8 comments:
oh wow that pup is cuttteee! i have no advice but i am interested if you find anything because its the only thing putting me off getting a pup!
As my wife Anita said the first time she laid eyes on me, "Why, he's the cutest thing I've ever laid my eyes on and... uh oh... he just peed on the floor."
You have to create a potty schedule and stick to it.
Ours was something like this:
7am - Steve up, take dog out
8am - Dee up, take dog out
10am - coffee break, Dee take dog out
Noon - lunch, Dee take dog out
1:30 - coffee break, Dee take dog out
3:00 - Logan home, take dog out
4:30 - Logan take dog out
6:00 - Steve take dog out
7:30 - Steve take dog out
9:99 - Dee take dog out, kennel for the night.
Kennel training was a HUGE part of it. My dogs love their kennels... it's their den. At night our routine is now "time to go outside and go peepee" and they run outside, pee and then shoot into the house and down the hall into their kennels. They are in there for the night, and whenever we leave the house. No accidents that way!
Ahhh, you found NM. Your welcome!!
At first it's a lot of work, but as you get your regular foods into there, you find it gets faster and faster. Be sure to go through the tutorial, so you don't miss out on some fabulousness!
He's gorgeous! You'll need plenty of newspaper...
What a cuuuuute doggie!! You are so lucky you can have a doggie, I'm allergic. XO
Your pup is adorable!! As far as training, gotta do what Dee said and just take the puppy out every hour or so in the very beginning. As the pup gets used to going so often, slowly cut down the session until it's maybe only 4 or 5 times a day. And yes, kennel or crate training helped. Good luck and keep us posted.
awwwwww,seeing that pic just makes be get baby fever..or puppy fever?both??? lol!
anyways,please do take the weekend for yourself and no stresses over calories in vs calories out-the saterday runs may work wonders for regaining motivation and all that good stuff in between...
just hang in there chica,the ball will get rolling again soon,and when it does you better stay stay one step ahead!!!lol!
have a great,stress-free,fun-filled weekend NOT thinking about anything but you and family and good times....
Post a Comment