I'm sitting on my couch feeling icky. My head is throbbing, my ears are popping, my throat is sore, my voice has dropped two octaves and now I feel a cough coming on.... but I'm planning my come back.
One of my dreams in this world is to have the body of a fighter. Who doesn't want to look like Gina Cerano??
My Hubby seems to think I need to get serious and start training to be a fighter. With my background in Tae Kwon Do, Tang Su Do, Jiu Jitsu and boxing... its not that far of a stretch.... but it would mean a HUGE commitment on my side.
So what brought this on? The bag class I took at a gym down the street on Saturday morning was AWESOME. I loved it. The teacher is a boxing coach to 3 UFC fighters. One of the girls in there is 22 years old and a Golden Glove Champion in boxing. The first thing you see when you walk in the door is a floor mat and a boxing ring. People (in ah-may-zing shape) are all over the place fighting, training, sweating. It made me want to jump in and join the fun. The bag class was on hour of boxing. It had me sweating up a storm. At one point I was just focusing on not throwing up. Call me crazy, but that is the kind of workout I LOVE. It means I'm pushing myself.
If I get serious about fighting then there is a lot that would need to change. Food, exercise, routine, workouts.... in other words I have to go from just focusing on a weight goal ... to focusing on a fitness goal.
Just thinking about it right now makes me exhausted.... but excited. I have one more 'free' class at the gym before I have to make a decision on joining or not. As soon as I'm over this cold...

3 comments:
sounds like an amazing workout!! i am pretty sure i would die trying lol
I love boxing inspired workouts. In fact, tonight is the "Fit as a Fighter" class that I haven't been to in absolute AGES! Now you have me thinking about going......
Hope you are feeling better soon! I seem to be keeping mine at bay for now. Keep your fingers crossed for me. :)
Very cool, Gina is a hottie for sure! Combat sports are a great way to get in shape if you don't mind getting slugged in the face ;). I have done a little sparring and it's fun and a rush. Plus you get a amazing workout.
Post a Comment