"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Monday, September 27, 2010

Day 53

Weigh in.. Its time to see the damage. One week of being sick, eating less then perfect and zero calories burned = 182.4 lbs.

Believe it or not, I'm ok with this. It was expected. BUT... I have a plan in place and it goes into action today. My plan is this:

Workouts:

4:30 a.m.: 2 mile run
5:00 a.m:  1 hour P90X
6:00 p.m: 3 mile run

Food:

Bite and Write
As clean as possible.

Water:

I have a gallon jug in the fridge.

OK, so I am still sick and have no intention of working out yet... but I can start with my food and water. I have a pen and pad on the counter so that everything I walk out of the kitchen with gets written down. I can't be serious about getting in shape without getting serious about my nutrition. To be honest, I think thats why I am sick right now. I havent been eating my fruits and vegetables like I used to.

I need some short term goals. My first one is to be at 172 by October 31st. That is 10 lbs in a little over a month. I feel comfortable with that. I also like the idea of being back down to that number.

Hubby is ready to do this with me. Of course, he is on the other side of this struggle. He wants to be healthy and in shape. His goal is to GAIN 25 lbs of muscle at the end of all of this.  We will both be doing the P90X for 90 days.

Because of money I will not be joining the boxing gym down the street... but I figure if I am serious enough about having the body of a fighter... then I can train myself. So I did a little research and came up with my workout.  Six days a week. More cardio right now to drop the weight. Morning and evening workouts.

Its going to mean a lot of dedication, but I'm ready to do it. I need to do it.

1 comment:

Lucas said...

That is a LOT of working out for someone still lingering with some illness. Take good care of yourself TL and listen to your body. I admire your dedication and desire, just make sure your body is up for it. You WILL get there!