This is when life gets in the way... or at least tries to knock you for a loop.
So, for the last year or so we have noticed that my older daughters little quirks are becoming more and more pronounced. Home schooling my kids has also allowed me to see them in a different light. This being said, my daughter has been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. A milder case of Autism.
When I think about it, it really doesn't bother me. At all. I worry that she will have a little more to deal with... but other then that, it is just a matter of working a little more with her. I am heading to the library today to do a little more research and see if there is anything I can do to make math a little easier for her. Her strong point is reading. She can read at a 2nd grade level (she is in first grade) but suffers when it comes to simple math problems.
Anyway, this has affected my food. Not for any other reason then I have an excuse to eat like crap. Seriously. I am not stressed out about it. I am not depressed about it. I just have something going on in my life that I could use as an excuse to eat all the cookies in the house. So I did.
Crap.
Now that I have admitted that... lets hope the rest of the day goes better.
6 comments:
Your daughters are beautiful.
Good luck with everything
xx
Lesley
Your girls are beautiful. :) And while I'm sure Asperger's Syndrome may present some new challenges, I think that your attitude is amazing, and one that is going to help you adapt to best serve your lovely daughter.
:)
My nephew has the same thing. He is now in first grade, and his parents have done a wonderful job at learning how to work through it all and still raise a beautiful child.
It sounds like you are on the same path. Your attitude is right where it should be.
Don't sweat the cookies...just sweat them off.
That is a great attitude! I work in special ed and so it's wonderful to see a parent approach something like this with nothing but positivity and optimism. Both your girls are gorgeous by the way but that little one is the spitting image of my niece! :)
And so what if you ate all the cookies. Cut yourself some slack girl. They're gone right? No more in the house? Work them off and don't buy more. You got this!
You are a rock. Good luck with staying the course and you are lucky to have two beautiful daughters.
I know a few kids with Asperger's. It's really workable for you and her. Homeschooling is probably one of the best things you can do for her right now. Rock on, Tiger Lily. You're a great mom, and you can see it in your sweet little girls.
Post a Comment