Sometimes you have to look into the past to find what you did wrong.... or right. I was laying in bed this morning thinking how hard it is to lose weight. How unfair that I can't eat what I want and stay skinny. I even questioned how badly I want to be skinny. I mean, maybe I was meant to be chubby.
Ok, so who am I kidding. Why would I want to go back to being unhappy, depressed, uncomfortable and just plain miserable? There is a reason I started this, now going on 4 years, journey. I want to be happy, healthy and comfortable in my clothes. This may take some time, but in the end it really is worth it.
I have already proved that losing 50 lbs can bring about new adventures. Like running (and finishing!) a half marathon. So what will the last 20-30 lbs bring me?
Ok, so back to the beginning. What was I doing and eating when I was dropping weight and feeling so good about it? How did I get on that track? Where do I get back on?
Protein shakes and vegetables. Water and tea. Three meals a day and a thirty minute run every morning. Vitamins and NO SUGAR.
From what I can remember, once I got started I felt really good. I dropped weight fast and felt, mentally, fantastic.
I'm gonna give that plan a try today.... see how I feel. :)
3 comments:
Back to the basics. Absolutely! I've tried all sorts of combinations lately OTHER than the one that helped me lose all my weight. This week I started twice a day workouts again. Now just the eating part needs to catch up.
It's worth it. You can do it!
Girl... I am right there with you. I started Southbeach today. No sugar for 2 weeks. Eek! Surely it will help me get some energy back.
Nothing like going back to your proven methods to give you that jumpstart!
Let us know how today feels for you, but I think you'll feel great.
Post a Comment