"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
What Can You Do In 100 Days?? ... DAY 21
It was 'Adventure Day' today... as is every Wednesday... and I took the kids fishing. Not much of a workout, but the morning was beautiful. Just being able to sit down and breathe the early morning air felt good.
I am having a hard day today... food wise, mentally and physically. It has been one of those days where physically I don't feel good, mentally I am tired and not in the right mindset and food has just followed. I feel a little like this is never going to happen for me. The war I am waging with my addiction to food is just overwhelming sometimes.
I know many of you look to me for motivation... but sometimes, even I, have nothing. Today I am watching tv, packing my things and getting ready for our move this weekend. I am trying to ignore the kitchen all together.
Until tomorrow....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
There's no pressure here. I don't look to you for motivation. I read you because I understand your journey and want to root you on. We all have down days. I've had a doughnut and two handfuls of M&M's today. But tomorrow is a gorgeous blank slate and you get to start all over. Day 21 over. Here's to Day 22!
So sorry to hear it's a rough day been there. I was bulimic for 20 years but have 27 years abstinence. It does take work but the addiction to food can get under control. I wish I could say the "love" for food and the desire to lean on food for happiness goes a way. It hasn't for me but it has become livable.
I found your post a little over a month ago by accident and have been addicted to it ever since. I like you have been on a journey with my weight loss over the last 3 or so years. I lost 90 pounds only to gradually gain back over the next 2 years 45. I now am trying to remember like you what got me so healthy to begin with and how I lost track of that along the way. The battle gets harder to older you get (I am 47) so hang in there and one day you will acheive your goal. Remember that a bad day is going to come along every once in a while. The trick is to not let one day turn into a bad week or bad month or so on. I have faith in you!
Post a Comment