"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Friday, August 6, 2010

What Can You Do In 100 Days?? ... DAY 2



Today's weight is 179.0 ( -1.8 lbs) It feels good to see that 7 again, even if is it just barely. I worked out this morning on the elliptical for 40 minutes, I even took a picture, but the one thing to remember when taking pictures is make sure there is a memory card in your camera! I had to go back and take my workout pics again (notice me hiding my apple behind my back!).

I want to thank everyone for their comments. It is great to have supporters. I have to say that 100 days is a long time... but honestly, if I'm going to be doing anything for 100 days, I want it to be something that will make my life better. If you want to join me in doing this please leave a comment so we can all support you! Better yet, if you have a sweaty pic you want to share send it to me and I will post them on Saturdays!!

I have to say that posting unflattering pics of me on the Internet is a little unnerving, but it is definitely motivating. I want to prove to you, just as much as I want to prove to myself, that I can turn this body into a healthy and lean one by working out and eating right.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It takes guts to post any pics. It took me 9 months to post any at all, so I understand. I can't decide if I want to commit to yuor 100 days. But I will try to latch on for some inspiration.

mak'n Changes said...

back in the 170's.... good job!

iampalegreen said...

No...this is an awesome project!! (I might have to copy!!)

Congrats on seeing the 170s again!

Trish said...

Great job!!!

Lucas said...

I haven't let this idea go. Still really thinking about it. Think I'm going to join you. I need to put some plans in place first but I think this might be JUST what I need right now.

Tammy said...

I think you look great sweaty. I love the feel of that after a hard work out. It really feels as though I've done something just for me. As much as I'm taking a day off from the gym, I will regret it later, I know.

It's tough to put out there, pictures of ourselves that are not flattering, but that in itself, I think shows a certain kind of strength.