180.0
Who I'm doing this for....
Keeping my head up and my stomach empty... except for 100% natural food. Today is a rest day from the elliptical, but if I can get myself going today I will be doing Tae Kwon Do tonight. I will get a sweaty picture of that up for you tomorrow!!
A little something from my fav blogger in the world... who just happened to hit her goal weight recently!!.. This hit home with me.. I am SO the perfectionist.
I think a lot of people with weight issues do suffer from trying to be perfect - and then give up when they 'fail' - when they are not perfect. (Personally, I don't believe you ever 'fail' at weight loss or anything else until you stop trying. Stumbling isn't failing. A bad choice isn't failing. Staying down and not trying to get out of that place IS failing.)
I don't know if it's because I was more mature when I started this last time in 2006, but I realized somewhere along my journey that I had 2 options:
- I could follow my natural desire to be "perfect" and then be upset all the time because it's impossible, and potentially give up on my weight loss efforts (again) or just being extremely disappointed in myself for not living up to being "perfect" enough.
- I could allow myself to be "human" - i.e. not perfect. Accept that I can not and will not be perfect - and allow myself to stumble; as long as I accept this is forever and I promise myself I will never give up.


5 comments:
Nice post. We will do anything for our kids, right? Then, you can do this.
(What's with the blue paint?)
yup,totally agree with big clyde...you CAN do this!!!!
Your friend gives wonderful advice. Especially about never quitting.
I like your pics today but I admit missed your "leg up/capt. morgan shot.
You seem like you're doing good, and in a good place right now. I'd like to borrow some of that.
"I am human". My new mantra. Thanks Tigerlilly. I'm diggin' your chili.
Great advice.
In the quest to achieve our goals, it is sometimes lost in that struggle, just what we are doing - living a life.
Big hugs!
Post a Comment