I know, your wondering where my picture is... well, I'm behind the camera today. At 6:30 this morning I decided it was time to start enjoying the nature around us. I woke up the girls and my sister and I took them for a nature hike in one of the beautiful plantation parks in the area. We walked a mile... in an hour (give me a break, we had a 5 yr old and a 6 yr old with us... we couldn't exactly speed walk) and enjoyed the scenery around us.
Face it, this is your life. You can either sit on your couch, stay on the treadmill, or get out there and live it. Part of living a 'healthy lifestyle' is enjoying the world around you. This weekend I am looking into taking the kayak tour around the local lakes!!
Today's weight.. 179.
5 comments:
Love your quote. And I sooo wish I was going with on the Kayak tour. I have been talking about doing this all summer. No one will go with. :( Congrats on losing 1 lb. :) Keep up the good work!
I'll go one better...what if, like bats, we were essentially blind. Imagine how hard we would be working if our only food came from using echolocation (sonar) to find it?
Wait, shh, I think I hear some cookies calling to me from the kitchen.
Love the shots! HUGE fan of nature myself. Would love to just lay down in those woods and look up watching the show in the tree tops.....but wait.....that's NOT excercise, is it? But still worthwhile I think! :)
Love this - live it! Just talked to a friend yesterday about how we sometimes get so wrapped into weight loss that it becomes what defines us...our identity. People know us for that and that alone. We need to know who we are outside of what we are doing and give others a chance to see that side of us as well. Keep on keepin' on girl!
You certainly are surrounded by some beautiful country. Wow!
Post a Comment