"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Friday, August 21, 2009

Aaaaaaaack... bathing suits.

Yesterday went well. Baby got her hair cut and loves it. She was grinning from ear to ear while the lady was cutting it. Too funny. Then we stopped by and visited with family and picked up a hot wax machine from hell.... I'll tell you about that in just a second.... Then we picked up McDonalds for lunch. I know, I know... but its a treat for the girls and I ordered one of the salads and only ate half of it. So it wasn't too much of a no-no. I did end up with two things of french fries in my purse when we went to the movies (shhhhhhh). The girls weren't done eating yet and I wasn't about to fork over $10 more dollars for popcorn that I would inevitably eat myself ! The best part about living in the country is that you can go to the movies at noon and have the whole place to yourself. So no one was bothered by the smell of McD's french fries during the movie! We saw Aliens in the Attic. It was a pretty good movie. The girls loved it.

When we got home the girls got their new Pj's on and went to watch a movie while I took out the borrowed hot wax machine from hell. Now, we are going to the city next weekend for two days of swimming and I desperately needed to wax my legs... but I hate paying so much to do it. When I found out my aunt had one, I figured I would just do it myself.

That was a hell I would not wish on my enemy. Putting the warm wax on, a little patch at a time, wasn't too bad. Putting the little strip of cloth on said wax and rubbing it down wasn't too bad. Grabbing the bottom corner of that cloth and ripping the wax and hair off my legs.... hurt like a *$&#^%&^$*#^@!!!!! At one point I had to make myself count to 3, just to make myself do it. Of course, the thought of going swimming with a piece of cloth hot waxed to my leg was tempting too. Towards the end I had missed some spots but could not take it anymore and figured I would just shave the missed areas. LOL They do look pretty good this morning and might take the wax out to do the touch up.... *sigh*... what a girl goes through to look good in a bathing suit.

Speaking of suits... I have not put on a bathing suit in over a year. I'm not even sure if they fit. So I just took a minute to go try them on. I had to throw 4 of them away because they were so stretched out, but here is a bathing suit I bought last year that was WAY too tight and a bathing suit cover I haven't been able to zip up in 9 years..... (I played with the coloring so that you didn't get blinded by the whiteness!!)


Ok, so I'm pretty excited to finally look good in a bathing suit! I'm almost ready for that tattoo...







12 comments:

Nina said...

Dude, you look GREAT. I am jealous of your legs!

Hanlie said...

What on earth is a bathing suit cover? You look great!

I decided long ago that there was no way I would be able to do my own waxing! I gladly spend the money to get someone else to do it! And I let it grow in winter...

Girlie looks gorgeous with her short hair!

NOTWBTRFLY said...

YAY... look at you working that suit! How cute. And you are so much braver than me... I would never in a million years attempt waxing myself. Have a super fun swimming trip, you are going to look great out there!!!

Carlos said...

ouchie and nice suit! awesome progress!

mak'n Changes said...

I love that style suit and girl you are rockin it! Btw....how the hell did u wax your own legs! You got balls! How do u hide them under that suit! *wink*

lovealotbear2 said...

I LOVE that bathing suit! I kind of want one now! You look fantastic by the way!! I am jealous.

Melissa Cunningham said...

looking good chica!!!love that color on you!!
and congrats on surviving your first at home waxing adventure to hell and back....
:)

iampalegreen said...

You look great! One hot mama, indeed!!!

Marcelle said...

Hey, you looking fantastic...that bathing costume suits your figure - love the color..
I also want a tatoo...but think I'm way to old...but thinking of having one done in CT on a spot no one can see....havent told my hubby as I know he will put me off the idea...

♥ Dee ♥ said...

You are so rockin that swimsuit!!

Unknown said...

Holy smokin' mama! You look so good in that suit!!!

Fatinah said...

the thought of you swimsuit shopping with the cloth stuck to your leg made me LOL!!!!

Chicklet - you are SO tattoo ready! You are rockin' those suits!!!!