"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Its going to be a long weekend....

At 4 a.m. this morning I watched my Hubby drive away for his ,much anticipated, 4 day archery bear hunt. He has been dying to do this for years. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with a bear if he actually gets one... Baby wants me to stuff it and put it on her bed (LMAO).... but I'm sure it will be an adventure for him!

Since it is going to be an 'All Girls' weekend I asked my girls what they wanted to do. Baby surprised me and said she wanted to go get her hair cut short. At 4 years old she has a very good sense of fashion. (note the mud facial she gives herself once a week, see pic below) So I am trying to get us in today with my favorite hairstylist in town....

Angel wants to go to the movies. I think we will do that tonight... but I'm not sure which movie we will see.
Today will be fun.... now, what to do for the other 3 Days?






6 comments:

Hanlie said...

My husband's just been bitten by the bow hunting bug... He doesn't have a bow yet, but he's researching and browsing...

Hope you enjoy your time with the girls! How's your mouth?

Marcelle said...

I miss my girl time with my girls so enjoy yours...

Carlos said...

time out, bow hunting for bear??? WTF

Anonymous said...

Hope the hub gets one. Then you can do a bear rug! Which look great in front of the fireplace, great for pics of little ones, and great for..well...other things!

Have fun with your girl's weekend.

iampalegreen said...

Make a bear skinned rug. LOL!

And go see Julie & Julia! It was soooooo good! Just don't go hungry, you're going to want to eat everything they make!! :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck to hubby!! Have lotsa fun with the girls - I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend with the kidlets myself!