At 4 o'clock yesterday afternoon my hubby came home from work and I went to the gym. I knew I couldn't run with my mouth, so I wanted to try biking. I went to the new gym in town, which wasn't all that great but they had two bikes, and paid $5 for a day pass. I hopped on the bike and 45 minutes later left with 9 miles under my belt. It felt fantastic to sweat. By the time I got home my mouth was aching. I made dinner and then took my first pain pill of the day and went to bed.
I wanted to share with you what I have been living on all week. It is absolutely delicious....
Onion, zucchini, red and orange bell peppers, broccoli and some Zataran spice. I put the top on and let it simmer in the pan until everything is cooked through.
Then I put a cup of chicken broth in a blender, add the veggies and blend away. I come out with this yummy homemade veggie soup!
I alternate between my yummy soup and my frozen banana and blackberry protein shake. LOL
Fridays are my usual cleaning day. This way the house is nice and clean for most of the weekend and I can relax. I'm going to try and stay busy so that I don't think about my mouth. I'd like to stay off the pain pills all weekend.
I have Praise Band practice tonight. We are doing two songs that are pretty heavy on the drums, so I have a lot of practicing to do!
7 comments:
Great Work TigerLilly! 9miles!?
you're doing fabulous!
EbonyRenee
www.phmommy.blogspot.com
Well done on going to gym yesterday with that tooth!! sure shows dedication from your side.
That soups looks so easy and am sure tasted divine...when I return from my holiday back home it will be winter in Germany I'll have to remember this one.
Thanks and have a great weekend, I didnt clean house today, Friday is also my day to clean and iron, weather was so good I lay in the sun..baking like a lizard.
I don't know about your soup stuff, but you really are a lion...or a tiger...er you get it.
It's awesome how driven you are to get back into it. I can't wait to read your report on the big race.
Cue the Rocky music!
Great job on the bike! Good idea.
That soup sounds really good. Great job.
That soup looks delicious! I am definitely going to make that! Thanks for sharing.
I hope your mouth heals up super quick and you get back to normal again!
okay, so now i TOTALLy want that soup. i'm gonna have to budge. :)
great bike job by the way - 9 miles - way to go!
Post a Comment