"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Mission #3

Mission #3 for OFB is to post pictures of our kitchen. A year ago, shoot, 3 months ago, I would have been too embarrassed to show the blog world what was lurking in my kitchen. Cakes, cookies and 'snacks' for the kids. A couple of veggies here and there... some even growing their own colony. I had more boxed food then I did REAL food.

Today I still have little snacks here and there for the kids... but the majority is healthy, yummy stuff. I present you my kitchen:



.....................................................................

Yesterday was my second dentist appointment. I was in so much pain that Hubby actually took the day off of work to watch the kids for me so that I could lapse into a pain free , pain killer induced, coma.

I was awake at 4 am. Angel had a nightmare and wanted me to stay in her room. I laid there for a minute, surrounded by dirty laundry, piles of toys and a smell I could only imagine. She was laying next to me watching a Disney movie . I decided since we were both up I might as well get started on the day. I spent the next 2 hours cleaning her room. When my husband woke up he looked at me and said 'feeling better, huh?'.... all I could mumble was 'eh'.

I do feel a little better today. The pain is manageable. I was able to get down a protein smoothie this morning, which helped my tummy with the nausea. I've got a mountain of work to do today.... better get started.

10 comments:

Amy said...

Well, at least (hopefully) the pain is manageable now. Hope it gets better fast!

Carlos said...

lots of soup! what flavah!

Marcelle said...

Good to hear u feeling *a little* better today...
Nice tidy kitchen you have....I dont see any sweets lying around, I have to show mine tomorrow...
Thanks for sharing...

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

Your kitchen looks very clean, and healthy! My pantry is really full since we have 7 kids! I try to buy healthy snacks, but the occasional pop-tart sneaks in now and then!

I hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

well at least something postivie came from it :-)

Anonymous said...

I feel so bad for you. Your spirit seems so upbeat through all of this.

How much do teeth weigh again?

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

So sorry you've been hurting.

Your kitchen looks really awesome. Can you come clean mine???? ;-)

Congrats on getting into the 70's!
Path to Health

Hanlie said...

Your kitchen cupboard is a lot neater than mine!

Hope the mouth feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better soon sis!!!!

"A couple of veggies here and there... some even growing their own colony" LMAO - you crack me up!

Mesha said...

looks like a "clean" kitchen to me! i don't see junk food and sabatoge inducing foods anywhere. :) so - what do you use in u'r protein smoothies?