Yesterday was a very active day. First off, I had to take my Angel to the eye doctor for her first ever eye exam. She passed with flying colors. Then we went to the park trail... I unloaded the double stroller and got the girls comfy. I ran for the first half , which was either flat or down hill... and walked the rest, which was all uphill. It was one heck of a workout. The girls, together, with the stroller weigh 70 lbs. Pushing that while running... or walking uphill... is painful. This is part of my OFB challenge. We have to do something 3X's this week that is out of our comfort zone... running outside in public, and not inside on my treadmill, is very much out of my comfort zone... but seeing that I am now training for a half marathon I guess I better get used to it. My next run outdoors will be at the high school track on Monday!
We then went to Granny's and picked up some leftover paint so that I could paint the girls new school room at our house. (I'm homeschooling) I waited until the evening to get started on that project.. which had me sweating like mad until 9 p.m. when I finally finished.
We also went to the local Farmer's Market and got these:

Huge zucchini, squash, onions, small bell peppers and tons of broccoli....
25 lbs of peaches!!! I'm going to clean, cut and freeze most of them...

Blackberries!!! The ones in the baggies are going straight in the freezer for my morning shakes!
All of this I got for $30... it was wonderful.
I am working on the girls room today... its gonna take me all day. Today is a rest day for me, so no running.... but head over to Michelle's and wish her luck running a half marathon today!!
6 comments:
Hello there this Sunday evening.
Great to read all about your training today..
When I was on holiday this year from Feb to April, I used to run and push my grandson around the park..its hard work I have to agree..I also walked up the hills, am hoping this time when I visit I'm much fitter and can actually jog up those hills, have been doing lots of hill training lately to help burn more calories per day.
Love all the fruit and veg...I also eat lots of fresh fruit and veg daily...love it.
Well done on your workout! Your produce looks fabulous!
Good God, those peaches look good. I have become such the fruit addict on this diet!
$30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What!!?? 3 red bell peppers are $30 bucks at the grocery store...lol. Man you got a GREAT deal. WOW!
You're getting a good workout whild pushing your girls in the stroller. Keep up the good work!! And good luck on your OFB special ops.
hey, glad u'r interested in the challenge. hope you had a great weekend as well - congrats on Former Fat chick as well. the instructions for the link to the challenge are on my blog. :)
Hooray for Farmers' markets! Those peaches look yummy.
Path to Health
Post a Comment