
This dental work is slowing me down. I have yet to go a day without a pain killer. I have stitches in the upper one (with a string hanging down that is driving me crazy *gag*) and rolled up gauze in the bottom one that just grosses me out.
I WANT to start my half marathon training. I WANT to RUN!!! But one pain killer a day makes me all goofy. I get light headed and nauseous... but no pain! I can't drive after taking my pain killer which means the girls and I are stuck at home all day. I'm going crazy.
The worst part is this is not something that will be over soon. I have another appointment on Monday to get the other two teeth pulled... and then a week from that I am going to go back and get MORE work done. We're talking a good 4 weeks of dental work.... that is 4 weeks I cant train. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Michelle and Betsy aren't 'officially' training until the beginning of Sept.. so I guess I have these 4 weeks to spare, but the fact that I WANT to start running and can't... well, it just sucks. As for the 100 Miles in Aug. Challenge... HA, probably not going to happen. *sigh*
As for my weight, I snuck on the scale this morning and am holding steady at 182. Not surprising since I cant break a sweat... and I haven't been eating a lot, just bread when I have to take my pills so that I don't get too sick. Which, by the way, has not been working. I've been eating a lot of soup and not enough water... so my sodium is pretty much out of the ballpark. **sigh**
I'm not giving up, I'm not getting depressed. I'm going to push through this month and just focus on getting everything done. It will be September before I know it and I will be kicking ass out on the running track!
8 comments:
Hey Tigerlilly, I completely understand what you're going through. I've had a terrible toothache the last few days and could barely move my jaw, and I'm sure that's not even half of what you're going through. I just posted on my blog about a soup that I love, and hopefully you'll like it since it's low in sodium. [atleast lower than the canned versions!]
EbonyRenee
Project Hot Mommy
www.phmommy.blogspot.com
Wow! That really stinks. Hope you make it through that month sane.
Awe. Poor thing. I know sitting around stinks but just think of the healthy mouth that is soon to come. You will be out on the track in no time! I believe in you.
At least are holding steady! You will be back to training in no time! I hope your mouth gets to feeling better!
I can sense your frustration, I feel like this if I dont train for two days, cant imagine weeks of no training.
Take care of yourself...in the bigger picture of life this is a very short time...find something to take your mind off this time...
hang in there. being sidelined sucksss.
I'm sorry to hear about your pain and frustration! Hope the rest of the work won't be so painful at least.
Hang in there. You are such an inspiration to me. I hate dental work too. I'll be praying for a speedy recovery.
Post a Comment