"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Honest Scrap Medal...Metal??



The amazing Michelle over at Secrets of a Former Fat Girl gave me this award. "bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant. This award is about bloggers who post from their heart, who oftentimes put their heart on display as they write from the depths of their soul."

In accepting the Honest Scrap Award, I have a few rules I must complete: (1) Brag about it, (2) select seven blogs you find brilliant and link to them and (3) list 10 honest things about yourself.

#1.... I think posting it first thing in the morning satisfies the 'bragging' part!

#2... I am going to copy Michelle and select 7 bloggers that I find brilliant!

Hanlie at FertileHealthy

Fat Daddy at Fat Daddy Rants

Rebecca at Fat Fitness Food

Cindie at Mac N' Changes

Ms Bitchcakes at Bitchcakes

Fab Kate at http://fab50.blogspot.com/

Carlos at Your Gonna Need a Bigger Boat

#3... 10 honest things about me:

  • 1- I smoked for 10 years before quitting 6 years ago
  • 2- I am a pool playing shark!
  • 3- I was bitten by a young Tiger Shark when I was in high school.
  • 4- I love to go to karaoke and sing my heart out... sober.
  • 5- I love to go to clubs just to dance all night!
  • 6- I get sea sick... but love cruises
  • 7- I'm a nympho..... thankfully my husband doesn't mind.
  • 8- I'm scared to death of heights.
  • 9- I only make coffee for the smell... and never drink it.
  • 10- I homeshool my girls... and right now, I've got to go get ready!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your award! You deserve it. You do have an honest and heartfelt blog.

When I read I tend to scan first and then re-read, so in searching for my surprise my male eye naturally gravitated to your nypho confession...but then I thought, that's not really for me (lucky hub).

Then I read your list of blogs you selected. Thank you very much. I enjoy writing fatdaddyrants. Even the bad parts are good for me I think. I hope it is as helpful to others.

Tiger Shark?!?

~ugly girl with a beautiful heart~ said...

Congrats on the award!!!

I read two of the seven blogs that you posted, and they so deserve the forwarded payment! lol

Hanlie said...

Congratulations! You are one of the most honest, gutsiest bloggers I know, so this reward is well-deserved. Thank you so much for thinking of me!

What interesting facts! It's good to see a woman live life passionately!

Alicia said...

Congrats on your award! Really a Tiger Shark? Ouch!

Rebecca said...

Congrats on getting the award! And thanks for passing it on to me! I so appreciate it!

I be sure to brag about it on my blog later!

Carlos said...

thanks for the shout out and umm #3!! so appropriate given it's shark week!

♥ Dee ♥ said...

I had to "tee hee" that you spelled home school wrong. Is that bad?

Just found your blog... I like it! I had a YAY moment when I became your 70th follower. (I get off on that stuff... lol)

*Bitch Cakes* said...

Hey Tigerlilly- thank you so much for the shout out. I'm glad you like my blog. And congrats on your own success! You look fantastic and I'm sure you feel even better. Keep up the great work :) Sheryl

Trina said...

Congrats on your award.